Delta Forensics Training

Discuss, Discover, Learn, and Share. Feel free to share information.

Moderators: orrb, saw22

khrystid

Delta Forensics Training

Post by khrystid »

I saw the previous post regarding Delta Forensics web based training program, but there weren’t any responses from users. I’d be interested in hearing any thoughts or reviews about this program.

My unit is extremely short staffed with 2/3 of our department retiring and not being replaced quickly. They’re advertising for Trainee positions and there will be more hired than I can train at one time. I’ve thought about asking management to find this program to help ease the training burden on myself and the only other Latent Examiner, but would like to hear other examiner’s experiences with the program.

Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks for your help!
DeltaForensics

Re: Delta Forensics Training

Post by DeltaForensics »

Hello,

Thank you for inquiring about the training programs. We do offer 2 different programs to train new examiners to competency, depending on what your ultimate goal may be, with discounts for multiple registrations available.

1. The Comprehensive Latent Print Examiner Training Program has been available for around 4 years now, and was designed based on the model I created as a lab supervisor for my trainees. It has been used by a large number of agencies to train their new employees,loyees, and includes reading assignments, written assignments, recorded lectures, practical exercises, comparison sets, competency exams and a recorded moot court over 10 modules. It has also been approved by the IAI for 25 hours towards initial certification, based on included lecture components.

2. The Latent Print Examiner Training Experience is a newer program, and was also designed to fully train a new examiner to competency, with the difference being the structure of the program including 12 of the Delta Forensics Training Classes as 12 of the 8 modules, resulting in independent certificates, totaling 212 hours of approved training credit. It also includes the various components listed from the Comprehensive program, including competency testing and the moot court.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to reach out to me at info@delta-forensics.com and I would be glad to discuss any needs you may have further.

Thanks,
Andrew