Photoshop Action

Discuss, Discover, Learn, and Share. Feel free to share information.

Moderators: orrb, saw22

mj10

Photoshop Action

Post by mj10 »

I am a new latent print examiner currently in training. I was wondering if anyone would like to share their favorite or most used photoshop action (if you use them). I have created some myself but was looking to see if there were better options or recommendations! Thank you in advance.

Hopefully this is helpful to others as well.
MikeUm

Re: Photoshop Action

Post by MikeUm »

I use the GYRO actions created by Eric Ray that he included with his Youtube video.
orrb

Post by orrb »

I found that most people get into their own vibe on Photoshop. Take notes on your workflow and then see what you can automate. Definitely learn the shortcut keys. I personally don't use any Actions. I am using a combination of Photoshop and CSIpix. I have figured out a good workflow and I am productive with it. Eric Ray's GYRO tutorial is good.
B. Orr
Steve Everist
Site Admin

Post by Steve Everist »

mj10 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:05 am I am a new latent print examiner currently in training. I was wondering if anyone would like to share their favorite or most used photoshop action (if you use them). I have created some myself but was looking to see if there were better options or recommendations! Thank you in advance.

Hopefully this is helpful to others as well.
When I first learned about actions, I started creating a bunch. But then I found I wasn't using them. The only actions I'm using now are ones specific to my workflow. I have one I use as a template for my comparison documentation and another that I use simply for adding a layer with a specific opacity for marking up my prints. I generally just work with levels for BP lifts. For photographs of prints, I'll do my first adjustments in Adobe Camera Raw (Texture/Clarity/Highlights/Shadows/Etc...) and then I'll use a Black and White adjustment layer and make individual adjustments to the CMY/RGB color channel sliders. But these adjustments vary depending on the image and a specific action won't likely address them.
Steve E.
antonroland

Post by antonroland »

Hello Folks

I am back...feels like FOREVER since I was on here...watching this thread with great interest!

Anton
Make a difference day by day, case by case. If you don't make a difference you don't count.
antonroland

Post by antonroland »

orrb wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:24 pm I found that most people get into their own vibe on Photoshop. Take notes on your workflow and then see what you can automate. Definitely learn the shortcut keys. I personally don't use any Actions. I am using a combination of Photoshop and CSIpix. I have figured out a good workflow and I am productive with it. Eric Ray's GYRO tutorial is good.
Photoshop edit log is awesome...
Make a difference day by day, case by case. If you don't make a difference you don't count.